Dedicated And Compassionate Legal Help
In Florida, if a child is born to unmarried parents, the father’s paternity must be legally established in order for the mother to receive court-ordered child support and for the father to pursue being a part of the time-sharing and parenting plan. Unmarried fathers have no parental rights unless they first establish paternity of their child. This is true even if the father’s name is on the birth certificate or if the child has taken the father’s last name.
Establishing the paternity of a child can have long-lasting emotional and legal consequences. At the Law Office of Luis E. Insignares, we represent both women and men in a broad range of paternity matters, including filing paternity lawsuits, defending against paternity actions, and assisting sperm donors and surrogates in understanding their parental rights and responsibilities.
Contact our firm to schedule a consultation with one of our Fort Myers paternity attorneys. For more than 20 years, we have successfully represented clients in family law matters in Fort Myers and surrounding Florida communities.
Paternity · Considerations For Mothers
As a mother, there are many benefits to establishing the paternity of a child, including:
- The right to seek child support payments, even retroactively
- The establishment of the child’s right as an heir to the father’s estate
- The right to establish a time-sharing and/or parenting plan to provide for stability in the child’s life
- The establishment of the child’s right to claim Social Security death benefits from the father
- The establishment of the child’s right to medical coverage under the father’s health benefits
Paternity · Considerations For Fathers
As a father, there are many benefits to establishing the paternity of a child, including:
- Legal recognition as the child’s father
- The right to petition the court for fair access to the child through a parenting plan that includes a time-sharing schedule
Florida Attorney For Sperm Donors And Surrogates
If you need assistance establishing the paternity of a child, call the Law Office of Luis E. Insignares at 239-274-6000 or toll-free at 855-826-7002 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. We look forward to assisting you. Attorney referrals are welcome.